ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The search for best Yoga mats that are extra thick, extra long, made of natural fiber (cotton yoga mats), are eco-friendly, anti-slip/anti-skid, anti-odor, and perfect for hot yoga sessions ends here. Read on to find more:
These Yoga mats are handwoven using natural fiber i.e., cotton. These yoga mats have been woven over a period of three days and are sweat absorbent. They can be easily washed and last much longer than plastic or silicone mats. They get softer with use and are still sturdy.
*These yoga mats are anti slip/anti skid/ non-slip/non-skid/, basically slip free, all thanks to the naturally handwoven weave. The more you practice, the more you sweat, the more sturdier they get.
There is a handwoven dotted weave pattern in stripes all through the mat, that in a way makes the mat more grippy while practicing.
Magic of home grown cotton yarn, dyed in bright hues (azo free dyes) that would make winter season more bearable!
* Latte Tan, Parmesan Tan, and Daisy white are from January 2021 Collection
* Mocha Tan, Indian Marigold, Sugar Plum, Brinjal Purple, Bluish Grey, Holy Orange are from December 2021 Collection
Slight variation in colors, texture and weave of different batches and collections is possible.
We recommend using the non rubber version on carpeted surface or with additional layer underneath.
The rubber version is good to be used on a hard surface.
The antis kid felt back version works well on all surfaces.
Slight variation in colors is very much possible as the mats are hand woven in different batches at the looms and the batches of yarns also slightly differ due to hand dyeing process.
* We make UNISEX products and being from the land of Yoga, we know how important it is to have a mat that provides you the right space to practice. Therefore, we weave our mats longer and wider 25” x 80”. We are yet to find mats that can compete with ours on size.
* Abhinehkrafts mats are adaptable and works well for most styles of yoga : Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Bikram, Hot Yoga, Kundalini, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative, Anusara and Vini-yoga. Even for normal fitness routines, or meditation sessions, we can recommend our mats. Cotton is a natural bio-degradable material unlike microfiber which most yoga towels are made of. The washing of microfiber has been linked to the cause of massive plastic pollution to our oceans, air and drinking water. Therefore, when you do Yoga or meditation, you can feel the work of natural fibers and real craftsmen ship.
There are three options available:
1. An all natural mat with no anti skid backing. These mats work well for carpeted areas.
2. Natural rubber coating: We use natural rubber to render an anti skid backing to our mats. The backing is all natural rubber and is free from any chemicals. The only downside being like all natural products the coating wears off after some time/usage/wash.
3. The anti-skid backing (greyish backing) - Small rubber dots embedded on a felt fabric layer roll have been embedded with the woven cotton layer. Most versatile option.
* If a color or backing of your choice is not available, do send us a message to enquire, we also take custom requests.
* These mats can be used for both indoor and outdoor practices. They weigh only 1.3 Kilograms and can be easily rolled and carried.
* Each mat comes in a yoga bag (made of cotton) - Complimentary and sent depending on availability
* This collection of mat is excellent for modern home decor/ decoration (living room runner or entry way carpet)
* The handwoven weave on the mat renders firmer grip while practicing postures.
* We recommend using our mats with our handwoven organic cotton blankets ( also available at our shop) for an additional comfort during practice.
* These mats make a perfect gift for a 'Yogi' in your life too - A Yoga gift box is available in our gifts section on the Etsy store.
* Wash care: Machine Washable on gentle cycle. Loves good sun.
Made with Love & Care in India by Abhinehkrafts
We are an India based boutique design brand that works with natural fibers to create pretty, functional, sustainable, and eco-friendly products dipped in the warmth of handmade and rich textile heritage of India. To know more about our work and products either visit our website or Etsy Store: